Friday, December 4, 2009

Thursday 12/3/09 day 19 of 119 days till solvang


Thursdays are our team in training group workouts at diablo valley college
so its about a 45 min. Drive for us... We work out from 6:30 till 8:30... So that's my nite nite time but its fun and me and heather get to do it
together. Wayne our head coach is great... Good speaker and really knows how the body works..and he is a iron man .. So he knows about endurance training..... It was cold... We walked for ten minutes to warm up... Then did some core strength training...planks and lunges... Then we ran 1/2 mile .. Then stretched...... And of course the group cheer at the end......... GO TEAM...that's my favorite part. Then everybody meets for dinner.... But I can't go because ...3 am comes way too quick. When I got home I was all excited about doing reverse lunges...so I shared with our 10 year old brooke...miss athlete.... She laughed...and was like is that an exercise..... I said go to bed ....lol. Heather must of had a good workout she was sleeping hard when I went to work.....
sorry gary (our mentor) I have to tell on you... He has a great specialized bike. And a cute lil mini cooper ... He transports the bike via roof rack.... Do I need to go on..... Well he drove into a parking garage..... No more bike..... Crazy I didn't know that stuff really happened.... He hit the bike hard enuff to break the frame and tweak the roof rack and car roof a bit... But its ok insurance is paying for some and he has a new frame coming..and john buckley is loaning gary his back up bike for the group ride sat.
its funny because last week coach wayne was telling leah to not put a roof rack on her mini.... So be careful all you roof rack people...it really happens

No comments:

Post a Comment