Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR


LOL this is what Heather came home to New Year's Eve
one step into the door and she said what happened to Old Blue.
what happened was I wanted to fine tune our ride position a lil bit so I put her neck on my bike because it was 10 mm. shorter than mine... It's crazy how 10 mm makes a big difference in your ride position... I felt I was a lil bit too stretched out and Heather is also so My neck is going into the extra parts pile and she is getting a new 70 mm neck. I love how many adjustments there are on these rode bikes. It's important to be comfy because you spend so much time on these bikes, hours at a time.
The list looks something like this
seat: forward and back , up and down, tilted down or up
seat post: set back or zero set back.
cleat position: you can slide feat forward back and twist them in or out and adjust the tension for the release.
necks: shorter or longer up or down and flip the neck for more aggressive or less position.
handle bars: roll them up or down and you can change brake lever positions and different bars have different shapes.
gears: front sprockets compact and regular or triple. rear cassette 10 speed or 9 speed. and all diff. kinds of combinations I have 12/25 and Heather has a 12/27 so the 12 tooth gear is for going fast and the 25 or 27 tooth gear is for easy pedalling for hills etc.
I guess fine tuning comes from my racing cars and jet skis days.. we never left them alone we always felt there was more there to make it faster and better. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't but you never know if you don't try. At least my tries are done after some research, I don't just do changes cuz I'm bored lol. There are many theories out there about ride position, that's why I talk to lots of people and read lots of articles and look what other people are doing on their bikes, then if it sounds good I try it.

1 comment:

  1. You do it because you love it and you want everything to be just right... nothing wrong with that!! Not to mention... you are good at it :)

    ReplyDelete