Saturday, January 16, 2010

TEAM IN TRAINING BUDDY RIDE DANVILLE


We had a great buddy ride with Team in Training sat. starting in Danville. The route was 47.5 miles but I'm going to call it 50 miles because that sounds way better, and it's half of what we are going to ride in Solvang. Since it was a buddy ride we didn't have to ride in our normal ride groups. This was cool because Heather was able to tag along with the Wild Ones. I felt she was a great addition to our group. She had a nice strong ride. I really enjoy riding with Heather because I can see her improve every time we ride. After our rides we always talk about the ride, what went right and what went wrong. Heather always works on what went wrong and becomes a lil better cyclist every group ride.
The ride started out foggy, but that didn't slow us down, we had a nice pace going until I had a flat tire on a narrow road. We waited for a driveway to pull into so we could change the tire safely. As we were changing the tire we were passed by another group. That doesn't make us happy. The route was fun for me because it's the back roads I take to get to Vasco when 580 is backed up. So we passed the other group after we got rolling and made a bathroom stop. Got passed by the group again. Passed them on the road, made another bathroom stop, got passed by the other group, passed the other group, we got another flat tire, got passed by the other group, passed them again on a nice gradual incline. DO YOU SEE A PATTERN HERE. SO OUR NEW NAME IS TEAM STOP AND GO. WE NEED TO WORK ON THIS. I THINK WE WILL HAVE TO PUNISH THE OTHER TEAMS NEXT SATURDAY AND MAKE THEM EAT THEIR WORDS. I was telling the other teams we were doing interval training.

But the other teams were talking about how good we looked pacelining and I was happy how we rode as a team. By the time Solvang comes we will be really strong I'm sure.

I was happy about 3 things that happened today. 1) I was able to ride with Heather
2) Everybody I talked to after the ride said they could have gone farther.
3) We all had a really good time after the ride in the parking lot
Mustang Sally was doing this crazy dance, asking me how I like looking at the back of her the whole ride. If I didn't love Sally so much I would have grabbed her and put her into a choke hold until she tapped out or passed out. Here are some pictures of my favorite Sally in the world.


Oh I forgot, We had a huge group of racers pass us. It was awesome to see. That was the closest I've been to a peloton. I so wanted to jump on their wheel and see how long I could hang with them...I hope to be able to do that soon. Sorry no pictures of that. I wish I had my camera ready.
Ok that's it for this post, but enjoy these random pictures I was taking of the group today.




No comments:

Post a Comment